Salt and sugar scrubs: which is better?
Body salt cream scrub and sugar scrubs – which is better?
When buying a scrub, you are often faced with a choice between a sugar body scrub and a salt cream scrub. This article tells you how to find the right skin beauty product for you personally. Scrub cream is a skin care product that removes dead skin cells, exfoliates and cleanses the skin. This effect is achieved through the use of tiny solid particles in the cream - they act on the top layer of the epidermis. Different materials are used as such particles, the most popular being sugar and salt. Both have a number of advantages as well as disadvantages. It is worth considering and researching them before you buy to get good results.
Salt cream scrub
One of the most used ingredients is salt. In skin beauty products, salts rich in minerals are used: pink himalayan salt, sea salt, etc. - common table salt is not suitable. Although salt scrubs are not suitable for some skin types and can harm them, they have many health benefits.
- The salts in scrubs are extremely rich in minerals. They saturate the skin, reduce inflammation and help improve blood circulation.
- Salt has natural antiseptic properties that kill fungus, bacteria and germs and remove toxins.
- The salt body scrub is suitable for people with tough and/or oily skin.
- The hard salt granules are suitable for exfoliating rough skin on the feet, knees and elbows. The crystals exfoliate the top layer of calloused skin, thus making it softer and softer to the touch.
- Controls the sebaceous glands and reduces the amount of fat on the skin to normal levels.
- The salt grains have sharp edges, which is why we do not recommend using this kind of scrub on sensitive skin - it can cause irritation. Do not use this product too often, once or twice a week at the most.
- The salt may sting and cause discomfort after shaving and/or if you have wounds.
- For dry skin, it is better to choose a different skin care product as the salt scrub will dry the skin.
Sugar body scrub
Sugar is also a widely used product in the cosmetics industry, particularly in the production of scrubs. Sugar, compared to other materials such as coffee beans, ground apricot kernels, salt, etc., is very gentle and acts much more gently, making the skin softer and softer without unnecessary damage. Sometimes brown cane sugar is used. There are sugar scrubs with honey, essential oils, herbs, fruit juices, milk and other additives.
- Unlike salt scrubs, sugar body scrubs do not dry out the skin, but rather moisturise it with glycolic acid.
- Sugarcream scrubs are gentler on the skin, non-irritating and ideal for sensitive skin types.
- The sugar crystals in the composition are easily soluble in water, melt with body heat and have rounded edges, which "spares" delicate skin when used. The sugar scrub forms a protective layer on the body that nourishes the skin and protects it from impurities and external influences.
- Sugar body scrubs do not release as many minerals and other beneficial substances as salt scrubs.
As you can see, both salt and sugar scrubs have a number of benefits. We hope that after reading this article, you will be able to weigh up the pros and cons and decide which type you like best, so you can choose the right cosmetic product with confidence. You can purchase the right skin beauty product for you on the Cita Lieta website HERE.